Issues regarding the needs of businesses
The main emphasis of the Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains is to conduct research with a focus on concrete issues faced in franchise, retail and service chains:
- Management (internal communication, organizational structure of chains, franchisor/franchisee relationships and conflicts, technical and organizational know-how)
- Strategic marketing and communication (external communication, social networks, corporate social responsibility)
- Performance (efficiency, unit performance, chain performance, survival)
- Strategy and development (attraction of franchisee candidates, e-commerce, internationalization, micro-franchising)
Students and professionals are given feedback based on information and strategies garnered from international research and business conferences linked to franchise, retail and service chains (ex.: the International Society of Franchising and Economics and Management of Networks Group conferences).
Rozenn PERRIGOT is currently coordinating the following research programs on franchising, retail and service chains led in collaboration with French and foreign researchers, all experts in the field:
- “E-recruitment of franchisee candidates”, Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains,
- “Regulation of the European Commission, its consequences regarding the practices, the conflicts and the performance in franchising: a multi-disciplinary and international approach”, French National Agency for Research.
Testimonial by a world-renowned specialist in franchising research
Francine Lafontaine – William Davidson Professor of Economics and Public Policy – Ross School of Business – University of Michigan – USA
“Launching the Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains at IGR-IAE Rennes is a logical and important development given the growth in this sector in France and the expertise of the faculty of IGR-IAE Rennes in this field. I think Dr. Rozenn Perrigot is doing a great favor proposing such a training and research program and I congratulate her for this initiative!”